Arrival of Karys

We went in on Friday afternoon for a Bio-physical Profile and the tech who did the initial ultrasound scored her at a 2 because she wasn't moving at the time (she never usually moved much until the late afternoon) and a few other things were concerning. Then the doctor got there and didn't think it was accurate for a number of reasons, had me drink some juice, redid it himself and gave her a 6. Much better since a 2 would warrant an emergency c-section, instead we just needed to be induced.

The doctor met us up at the hospital and broke my water at around 4pm. I was already dilated to a 4 and 80% effaced coming in, but four hours later with contractions 2 min apart I was just barely reaching a 5...so I got an epidural at around 8pm. The next time they checked me I was at a 9.5 and we got ready to push. Love epidurals! I was still able to move around pretty well and could feel when to push and everything. We ended up having to use some Pitocin during pushing because for some reason my contractions started spacing out again. About 2 hours of pushing, so around 8 hours or so total. I also tore some so I have stitches.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

We are so glad she is here! More pictures please. How are you guys doing at home?

Cameron said...

We're doing great, well at least with my mom here we are. Have to see how the next week goes when we're on our own...